Note: This page shows a translated version of the Nutzungsbedingungen formulated in German. The German formulated version is the legally binding document that you agree to by signing up. The English translation is available only for better understanding. We hereby exclude any liability for possible translation mistakes. By accepting the checkbox on terms and conditions, you approve that this is the case and you accept the terms and conditions described in the German document.
- The Parent and Child Office is primarily available for all employees in academia or administration as well as students of the STRUCTURES Cluster of Excellence, the Collaborative Research Centre 1225: ISOQUANT, and the involved faculties, for the self-organized, last-minute care of their children. Its use is limited to the necessary period of care. To this effect, it may be used as a workspace and playroom as well as for nursing or for quiet.
- Subject to availability, employees and students of other institutions at Heidelberg University can also make a request for use.
- Likewise, the Parent and Child Office can serve as a temporary workspace for visiting academics, should they have childcare responsibilities. Early registration is requested in such cases.
- The Parent and Child Office may not be used if the child or children to be cared for is/are suffering from a contagious or infectious illness (e.g. measles, mumps, chickenpox, scarlet fever, rubella, diphtheria, typhoid, tuberculosis, conjunctivitis, diarrhoea, etc.). This also applies to severe febrile illnesses or an existing case of head lice.
- The relevant official agreements, regulations, and provisions of the Heidelberg University apply to the use of the telephone and internet.
- Children are not allowed to obtain access to the available office equipment and technology.
§2 Usage Times
- The duration of occupancy is individually regulated. The Parent and Child Office can only be reserved for temporary use (by the hour or day).
- The Parent and Child Office can be used from Monday to Friday, between 08:00 – 20:00.
§3 Room Reservation
The reservation of workstations in the Parent and Child Office can be completed via the online form on the Parent and Child Office website [Reservation]. Where possible, reservations should be made the day before at the latest. In the case of acute care emergencies, please enquire about the availability of the Parent and Child Office at the Structures Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, Philosophenweg 12 or Berliner Straße 47, 69120 Heidelberg, Tel.: 06221 – 54 9186.
In the hallway outside the Parent and Child Office there is a locked key box in which the key is located. The key box can be opened using an electronic code you will receive via email after your registration is confirmed. In the case of acute care emergencies, you can enquire about the availability of the Parent and Child Office, as well as current code, by contacting the Structures Office, email@example.com, Philosophenweg 12 or Berliner Straße 47, 69120 Heidelberg, Tel.: 06221 – 54 9186. When use of the Parent and Child Office ends, the room must be locked and the key deposited back in its box. The Structures Office must be notified before leaving the Parent and Child Office.
§5 User Instructions
- Smoking and the handling of open fire is strictly prohibited in all areas of the Parent and Child Office!
- We request that you handle the entrusted inventory of the Parent and Child Office with care, in order to protect it against loss or damage. None of the objects may be removed from the Parent and Child Office, not even on loan.
- After use, the Parent and Child Office should be left tidy and clean. It must be ensured that all windows are closed and all electrical devices as well as lights are turned off. The room must be carefully closed, and the key placed back in the key box on hand.
- For reasons of hygiene, we request the use of the disposable changing table crepe paper provided or the bringing with of suitable towels or the like for laying down when using the changing unit and changing pad. We also request that changing surfaces be disinfected after use, as well as the washing of hands. Used diapers, used cleaning wipes etc. are to be disposed of in the provided diaper pail. A trash can has been provided for other waste.
- We request that used or soiled bedding, blankets or towels be placed in the laundry hamper provided so that they may be cleaned.
- In the event of abnormalities or damage, please inform us immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
§6 Duty of Supervision
The provided Parent and Child Office is a study and workspace and not a day care centre. Neither the room, nor the rest of the building meet the specific structural and safety requirements imposed on day care centres. The special standard applicable there cannot be applied to the Parent and Child Office. In using the room, the parents acknowledge this.
§7 Liability, Damage, Loss
- Use of the Parent and Child Office is at your own risk. The claims of employees and university guests, as well as students, against the statutory accident insurance of Heidelberg University shall remain unaffected. There is no liability or accident insurance coverage through Heidelberg University for children brought along.
- The duty of supervision of the child being cared for lies with the parent or caregiver present. Leaving children unattended in the Parent and Child Office is not permitted. If people present consent to supervising the children of other people, in addition to their own or alone, they are liable for these other children and damage caused by them.
- The University is only liable for damage not based on injury to life, body, or health, in the event of intent or gross negligence.
- Heidelberg University is not liable for damages caused by a violation of the duty of supervision. This is equally applicable to damages caused by children to the facilities and objects if the caregiver has violated their duty of supervision.
- Heidelberg University assumes no responsibility for the misplacement of materials brought into the room.
§8 Exclusion from Use
§9 Exclusion of Legal Entitlement
There exists no legal entitlement to use either the Parent and Child Office or certain equipment on the premises. Use of the Parent and Child Office by employees assumes there is no conflict with official interests.
§10 Entry into Force